“You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose. You’re on your own. And you know what you know. And YOU are the one who’ll decide where to go…”
― Dr. Seuss, Oh, The Places You’ll Go!
Adventures “On Tap”
This page is a running list of places I’ve been and would love to tell you more about. I’ve got a story and photos to share about each of these places, I just need time and a nudge. If you see a destination on this list you’d like to see me write about next, let me know and I’ll get writing!
Apostle Islands • Lake Superior, Wisconsin
- Sea Kayak/Camping trip – Camping on Oak and Rocky Islands, day-trip to the Devil’s Island Sea caves
- Sea Kayak/Camping Trip II – Oak Island, day trip to Little Twin Island
Rock Island • Door County Peninsula, Wisconsin
- By Ferry – Camping, hiking, exploring the island, and meeting an author-turned-lighthouse docent
- Sea Kayak / Camping – Paddling to and around the island, a side trip to “guano island” and a fun history lesson about The Bitters Club
Pictured Rocks National Lakeshore • Munising, Michigan
- Independence Day in Munising – Chicken Poop Bingo, Grand Island Mountain Biking, Waterfalls
- Trip II – More Waterfalls and adventure
Keweenau Peninsula • Da UP, Michigan
- Porcupine Mountain Wilderness State Park – The Speaker’s Cabin
- Presque Isle River
- Lake in the Clouds – “The Death March”
- Brockway Mountain Drive – The Raptor Census
- Calumet, Michigan – The Italian Hall Disaster
Ding Darling National Wildlife Refuge • Sanibel Island, Florida
- Sea Kayak trip – Mangroves, Manatee, and a dolphin or two
Havasupai • Grand Canyon
- 10-mile hike, mule trains, and a canine friend
Death Valley National Park • California, Nevada
- Racetrack Playa – land of the moving rocks
- Ghost Town Drive
- Starry Night Story
- Mojave Desert and Dessert
As the great Dr. Seuss might say, “You are the one who’ll decide where I will go” with my next blog post. Please complete the form below to make your request. My goal will be to share a story within five days of your request.
Thank you for your interest!